Providing academic support to help students boost reading and math skills and succeed in the classroom
Title I is a federally funded program that provides instruction for students who need some extra academic help. Its goals are to help these students succeed in the regular classroom and improve achievement in reading and math skills.
Qualified students in Title I buildings receive services in reading, math, or both. They may receive this additional instruction in the classroom or at another location.
For example: In the classroom, Title I staff works with students in small groups or individually to support classroom instruction. Also, students may be provided additional service outside of the classroom.
Seven of the Osseo Area Schools provide Title I services. Each of these schools has a lead Title I teacher (listed after each school below) who coordinates and manages the school programs. These schools and teachers are:
- Crest View Elementary (Stacy Harvey)
- Fair Oaks Elementary (Doris Lemanski)
- Garden City Elementary (Matt Thul)
- North View Middle School (Allison Stapley)
- Palmer Lake Elementary (Sandy Jonason)
- Park Brook Elementary (Mary Rachor)
- Zanewood Community STEAM School (Melissa Ghizoni)